Ross Charles Hairdressing York has achieved so many high profile industry goals.
For four decades, Hairdressers Journal International’s British Hairdressing Awards has been raising the bar, and the profile of the talented, brightest lights in the booming industry that is hairdressing.
Today, a British Hairdressing Award is the most coveted prize in this multi-million pound industry which employs over 245,745 hairdressers in 35,000 salons across the UK. To be a finalist is quite something; it takes a stand-out salon, a phenomenal creative talent and commitment to reach these final stages.
Top hairdressers for 2016 have been named and this region’s own Ross Charles is one of just six finalists for North Eastern Hairdresser of the Year 2016. The overall winner for this hotly contested category will be announced at the prestigious ceremony on the 28th November 2016 at the Grosvenor House Hotel, a J W Marriott Hotel in London’s prestigious Park Lane.
So, how did they do it? This iconic competition requires hairdressing professionals and artistic teams from across the country to create a photographic collection, initially of four images that showcase their creativity and technical ability. These collections are displayed in a gallery for
judging by more than 50 of the industry’s greatest hairdressers, all of whom are experts in their field.
Jayne Lewis-Orr, Executive Director of Hairdressers Journal International commented, “Ross should be very proud of his success in one of the most fiercely fought categories. British hairdressing is regarded as the best in the world and to be a finalist for North Eastern Hairdresser of the Year is, without overstatement, a huge achievement and we salute them in their success.”
The finalist himself, Ross Charles said, “I feel really excited to have got through and to be so close to be North Eastern Hairdresser of the Year! It’s one of my goals and I feel this year it really could be achievable.”
Ross Charles has been crowned one of the UK’s best stylists,
After winning in the NHF Photographic Stylist of the Year 2016, Ross Charles is thrilled to have come so far in his career in hairdressing. Ross said ”It’s great to have all my family, team and amazing clients around me to share this fantastic industry goal”.
The competition, run by the National Hairdressers’ Federation announced the winners on Sunday [November 13] at the NHF’s Britain’s Best competition.
This year the competition received record entries, making Ross’s win in the Female Fashion look category even more impressive.
NHF president Agnes Leonard said: “My congratulations to all this year’s winners – you should all be proud of what you have achieved, and the credit you bring to our wonderful industry.
“Competitions like Photographic Stylist of the Year are hugely important to hairdressing and barbering. Not only do they celebrate and showcase the very best our industry has to offer, they serve to inspire and motivate stylists and teams to go out of their comfort zone, to push the boundaries of what’s possible and, in the process, come up with designs of breath-taking invention, beauty and creativity.’’
Some other Awards and Achievements
- Men’s Hairdresser on the Year 2017 nominee . one of 6 U.K finalists
- Finalist Best Local salon U.K (one of six U.K finalists ) in the Salon Business Awards
- Winner NHF Photographic Stylist of the Year 2016 (female fashion look)
- Winner NHF Photographic Stylist of the year 2016 (Male Afro – Caribbean Look)
- Winner of a Silver Medal for Britain’s Best, male fashion look 2016
- North East Hairdresser of the Year 2016 nominee
- Awarded No.1 best salon in York with Threebestrated
- Regional finalist L’Oréal men’s image award
- Regional finalist L’Oréal Colour trophy
- Grand finalist L’Oréal Colour trophy
- In the top 10% L’Oréal peoples choice award 2015
- Finalist rising star award
- Invited to join the Fellowship for British Hairdressers, amongst the top 10% of hairdressers in U.K
- A stage presentation show in Manchester for the Fellowship of British Hairdressing
- 3rd place NHF Photographic stylist collection of the year 2015
- Winner Britain’s Best Blow dry – Gold Medal
- Winner of 5 stars in the Good Salon Guide
- Good Barbers Guide
- Morning Radio presentations with the BBC
- World Winner of the ‘Supremes’ with Ross’s hairstyle shot in London in August that inspired hairdressers all over the world.
- Many top class hair shots and collections that have featured in magazines all over the world
- L’Oréal Colour Specialist Consultant degree
- Donald Scott New York City Rat pack hair Artistry team member
- Donals Scott NYC Razor brand Ambassador for the U.K
- The team creating a hair show at Salon North in Manchester